With Collage, you can customize what employees can see and edit on other employees' profiles. Common examples of custom roles include:
- Inviting an external accountant to have access to reporting.
- Allowing senior leaders to have more visibility into employee data for their direct reports.
- Granting an employee who is your recruiter access to administrate Collage Applicant Tracking.
NOTE: Only users assigned to the Admin role have permission to edit the roles and permissions of other users.
How to create a custom role
- Click on your name in the top right and select Company Settings > Permissions.
2. Click + Add Custom Role.
3. Enter a name for your role. For example, if the role allows senior executives to see salaries, you could call it, "Exec access to compensation".
4. Scroll down to where it says, "What feature access should be permitted?" and check the boxes next to the features the role allows access to. Be sure to read the bullet points next to each feature permission so you clearly understand what employees assigned this role will be able to do. In the example below, users assigned this role will only be allowed to hire and terminate employees.
5. Scroll down to where it says, "What employee data access should be permitted?".
In the example below, whoever is assigned this role will be able to view and edit the compensation info for employees who directly report to them.
Notice that each category of data permission is named the same as its corresponding tab in the employee profile. The only exception is compensation data, which lives inside the "Job" tab but is separated out due to its sensitivity.
6. Once you have set up and reviewed all the permissions this role will allow, the last step is to assign the role to users.
NOTE: Users can be assigned multiple roles meaning assigning them a new role does not remove other roles they already have.
7. Employees will be granted access to their new role as soon as you click Save.