Note: If you do not see the option to enable multi-factor authentication using the instructions below, please contact Collage support for us to activate it for your organization.
Collage now offers multi-factor authentication to strengthen the security of your data.
Admins must enable multi-factor authentication for their whole company first, and users have the option between authenticator-based multi-factor authentication (recommended) and SMS-based multi-factor authentication.
To enable multi-factor authentication:
1. Click “Company Settings” at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar when signed in
2. Find the Security & Billing panel, and click “Authentication”
3. Choose whether you want to enable either authenticator-based (recommended) or SMS-based authentication, or both:
4. The next time users log in, they will be prompted to enable multi-factor authentication (if you only selected one of the two options, only one will be visible):
5. If setting up with an Authenticator app, you will be prompted to scan a QR code using your app, and enter the 6-digit code displayed in the app in the input field.
6. If setting up SMS-based authentication, you will be asked to enter your phone number to receive a security code. Enter the security code you receive in the input field.
7. You will be asked to save a recovery code that allows you to log in if you lose your mobile device. Clicking "Download" will save a .txt file to your device with the recovery code.
Once you click "Finish" you’re done! Your account is now secured with an extra layer of protection.