With Collage, you can customize what employees can see and edit on other employees' profiles using custom roles. Common examples of custom roles include:
Inviting an external accountant to have access to reporting.
Allowing senior leaders to have more visibility into employee data for their direct reports.
Granting an employee who is your recruiter access to administrate applicant tracking in Collage.
NOTE: Only users assigned to the Super Admin role have permission to edit the roles and permissions of other users.
How to create a custom role
1. Go to Company Settings > Roles & Permissions.
2. Click + Add Custom Role.
3. Enter a name for your role. For example, if the role allows someone running payroll to get access to time off reports and payroll updates, you could call it, "Payroll Admin".
4. Scroll down to where it says, "What feature access should be permitted?" and check the boxes next to the features the role allows access to. Be sure to read the bullet points next to each feature permission so you clearly understand what employees assigned this role will be able to do. Continuing our example of a Payroll Admin role, you might want to select the feature in the screenshot below:
5. Scroll down to where it says, "What employee data access should be permitted?".
Once again continuing our example of the Payroll Admin role, whoever is assigned this role will be able to view personal information (like address), time off information, and job details (like job title, manager, and compensation info) for all employees.
Notice that each category of data permission maps closely to the different tabs of an employee's profile. The exceptions are compensation data (which lives in the job tab), Tasks, and Performance Goals.
6. Once you have set up and reviewed all the permissions this role will allow, the last step is to assign the role to users.
NOTE: Users can be assigned multiple roles meaning assigning them a new role does not remove other roles they already have.
7. Employees will be granted access to their new role as soon as you click Save.